Blackadder: Celebrating the big 40yr Anniversary!
To celebrate 40 years, one of Britain’s best-loved sitcoms Blackadder, got the full BBC treatment, with C60Media being commissioned to produce a wealth of new content for the brand new, special edition, blu-ray release!
For the first time, elements from the series that were originally shot on 16mm film can now be seen in high definition on the big screen at home, after the original 35mm camera negatives for the millennium special were painstakingly tracked down by C60Media ourselves, for a sparkling new transfer and extra content never seen before.
To further sweeten the deal, original episodes have been accompanied by brand new set of audio commentaries, presented by Richard Latto and featuring interviews with: actor Brian Blessed, actress Miranda Richardson, producer John Lloyd, director Richard Boden, director Mandie Fletcher and video editor Chris Wadsworth.
The new video featurettes included are:
- The curation of many hours of previously unreleased and precious material.
- Rushes from the cutting-room floor
- Raw film scans containing previously unused scenes and an extensive selection of promotions
- Photos (accompanied by recordings discovered of the original musical scores for the different series)
- Interviews acquired from the BBC Archive.
So do yourself a service, and treat any Blackadder fan you might know to a present they won’t forget this Christmas, as it’s a truly special edition made by, and for all the fans out there.